So DA and I managed to get a traditional Holiday Card out to folks this year (more DA than me, kudos to her). We did go with the oh so trendy 'photo on a card' card. But I must admit, DA did an amazing job with the photo montage that is on the card. Way better than the "pict-o-the kids' images that seem to be the fad. Not that there is anything wrong with it.....really. Anyways.....we could have included the traditional Holiday Letter, but it was never vs. send...so.....there ya go.
So instead, consider this (and DA's entries) as our Holiday Letter. List of family facts below in no particular order: good, bad, or indifferent.
- Zeeze born 6.11.06
- Beeze turned 2, hooray!
- Beeze is 2! Ohhhh nooooooo!
- I applied for two great district positions, but did not get them. But got fabulous positive feedback about the interviews. (Always good)
- DA began selling some of her gymnastics items and some art, and a whole lot of other stuff on eBay. The store is going great. See my links for a jump.
- Beeze started pre-school at the Synagogue. Was shaky at first, but now is eager to go.
- Had a leak in the roof above our master bedroom. What follows is almost verbatim the conversations that occurred in bed:
ME: "Hmmmm yep. Should have the roof checked."
two - three weeks go by
DA: "Hey, did you notice that crack is way bigger now. We need to have it checked, the ceiling might fall on you."
ME: "Geeze... the ceiling is NOT going to fall on me. But yeah, I'll call someone tomorrow."
2:30AM that night. CRASH!!!! OWWWWWWW!
Yes indeed, the sky did fall...on my foot! We awoke to a hole in our ceiling. Not fun. So we all (DA, Zeeze, and me) moved into the nursery. Cramped..but cozy.
- I read The Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield This is a MUST read. I actually listened to the audiobook which was amazing. I can't recommend this book enough.
- I started teaching two new subjects: Robotics (very fun) & AP Computer Science (awful..but great for the resume)
- Since we do not have Cable Television, the only shows we watch are those that can be gained via the Internet or Netflix. Fortunately, I Have stayed totally up to date on my Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who. Bittorrent is a wonderful thing. PREDICTION: TV as we know it will die in 4 years. All hail Web 2.0 and the new media to come. See Links for a jump to interesting things to come.
- I have made small movement towards work on his novel. Small is the word, but it is movement none-the-less.
- More will be added as I think of them...but right now....I am all done.
Please take a second and leave a comment to say hi. Always nice to hear from those reading, if only to say "Kilroy was here". : )
Until next time.....